To find our true North, we must salute the South.





- Inhale the future, exhale the past. 

When starting yoga I knew I wanted change but I also wanted acceptance.

I knew I wanted long lasting health, mind*body*spirit, and it would only come through a foundation of self-love and compassion. From true self-acceptance.

I wanted to accept myself as I was. That I was good as I was, my thoughts, my sensations, my feelings and my past.

I wanted to own where I was and love where I had potential to go.

Lies of being broken continually tried to sneak their way in. As if I needed to be "fixed" before I was worthy to live the way I wanted.

I was not broken but ready to accept my potential for growth.

To find our true North, we must salute the South.

What I found, is that yoga meets you where you are. You don't have to be or believe anything, you don't have to give up anything. Yoga is between you and yourself. Yoga wont tell you to change your life so you can be better. It accepts you completely and with out judgment. It allows you to find full acceptance and love toward yourself, through all your flaws. It guides you to look inside and walk the path that provides personal growth leading you to view yourself and the world around you in a divine new way.


Be kind to yourself.
Practice awareness. 
Be patient.
Accept imperfection. 
Forgive. 
Stay positive. 
Believe in yourself. 
and

Never, ever give up.


Your path will mold you but it does not define you, nor are you bound to it. 


Inhale the future, exhale the past. 




XOXO
Ash



No comments:

Post a Comment